Friday, November 07, 2008

Thanks Mary!

Bon jour!

I know...I know...how do I expect to have any blog readers when I never blog? Please accept my deepest apologies, but I have not been home. I have been busy going places...like SONIC. Thanks MARY!!! I have been in a diet cherry limeade/diet vanilla coke coma for the past couple of weeks. I only wish my Sonic sold the fried pickles....then my life would be complete.

I have been really busy traveling, working, trying to decide about a kitchen renovation, silently thinking A LOT about this election, going back to school, and trying to avoid my nosy and very inappropriate neighbors. In an effort to escape the daily grind and to see some beautiful Fall foliage, my husband and I took a day trip to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

I have lived in this area for over 10 years, and I have always heard how "nice and \posh " Lake Geneva is. I have driven through on my way to other places, and it did not look that nice and fancy to me, but maybe I was missing the magic....so off to Lake Geneva we went. Many people have claimed that Lake Geneva is "The Hamptons of the Midwest". I have come to the conclusion that this is what people WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE HAMPTONS call it. Although the leaves were beautiful, and the lake itself is nice enough....I was just not having it.
Yes, I know....lovely...BUT

There were LOUD, OBNOXIOUS motorcycles EVERYWHERE. I am not a fan of Harleys and the whole Harley culture. Sorry, but just not my thing. I have worked with many motorcycle groups through various charities and they are so nice and always willing to help, BUT very loud and dangerous modes of transportation (that more often than not include white tank tops) are not my thing.
After our day of lake frolicking we decided to come back home and get some Fall shots around our house.






I love this family of geese.

Have a beautiful day!
(all photos property of MonkeyPosh LLC)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fancy Pants I am cracking up at the Hamptons of the Midwest. What in the hell is wrong with people?
Oh and the harley stuff, do not forget the skin tight jeans, the massive amounts of tattoos and the halter tops on the women.

I silently pondered this election too.
Glad you finally blogged. Hope you are well.
How was Las Vegas?

6:54 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Geez you're cute!

Hugs!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your photos as always. Why are you hiding behind the ginormous Sonic cup? You were having a good hair day .


The foilage is beautiful, and I am so glad this election is over. It was seriously wearing me out and making me depressed, plus Elisabeth Hussybutt will now quiet down. Thank the powers that be.
Did you get to watch, or did you have school?
I am no fan of Lake Geneva either. I would rather just go to Lake Michigan.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

What beautiful pictures!
I had no idea that Sonic sold fried pickles!!! I'm pretty sure mine doesn't or that would be a huge vice of mine.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

HAMPTONS OF THE MIDWEST??? ha!

I've never even been to the Hamptons, but that is still cracking me up.

Love the pics, glad to see you back in action.

Hey, I have tagged you for a fun movie meme. Pop over to my blog for the details!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

My mother grew up in neighboring Williams Bay, and my 96-year-old grandmother still lives there. Needless to say, I've grown up in and out of LG. It's okay, but it's DEFINITELY NOT the Hamptons. It was at the turn of the century, but today? Not so much. Some of the towns outside LG are much nicer, cozier, and quieter. ;)

also, did you refurbish your red hair? that color you are sporting in the sonic photo is AWESOME! it looks fabulous on you.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

ok now i'm feeling poorly about my choice of the word "refurbish" in that last comment, as if something was wrong with your hair before - which OF COURSE it wasn't because you are always fabulous. just wanted to throw that out there.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Anon-
Vegas was truly a blast. We met up with friends from Oklahoma and Pennsylvania, ran a 5 K, ate some wonderful cuisine, saw Elton John and WAYNE BRADY, ETC. It was surprisingly a blast.
Thanks for asking. Hope you are well.

*Hello Lovely R-
HOW ARE YOU? I owe you an e-mail.
Thanks for saying I am cute --HA HA! I hope you and your gorgeous family are all doing great.
xoxo

*Hi Jan--
I was hiding behind the cup because I like to be mysterious. It adds to my allure--HA!
Thanks for the kind words.
ROFL--Elisabeth HUSSYBUTT. I did have school, but I was home in time to see the totals come in state by state. I would rather go to Lake Como in Italy.
Hugs!

*Hello Jackie--
Thanks for saying the pictures are beautiful. When I lived in Oklahoma the Sonics sold fried pickels called Pickel-os pronounced like the miniature flute instrument. They are served with ranch dressing and they are amazing. I was told that now they are only sold a couple of times a year in the South.

*Hi Pat!
How was Houston?
I am still working on my alpha-movie-meme. Le'ts do dinner.

*Yo Jamie-
You know, back in Sally Field's day, I am sure it was a beautiful and wonderful place to grow up. I am sure it was more quaint back in the day. I was hoping the downtown area would be more charming, but I was sadly disappointed by all the very tacky and cheap shops.
God Bless your little Grandma. 96--that is awesome. I hope she is doing great. There is nothing on this earth I love more than Grandma's and dogs.
And girl yes, you know refurbished. Got that mess fried, dyed, and laid off to the side. Thanks for noticing!!!!
I love that you used the word refurbish--I already 'spalined it to you. Hugs funny lady!

8:52 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

LOL! I think Evanston is a lot closer to being the Hamptons of the Midwest than Lake Geneva. Actually, Charlevoix (MI) comes closest, but only from June through August. The rest of the year it's a bleak ice-covered hell hole.

Anyhoo, sounds like life has been wonderfully busy. I love reading about your and D's travels! xoxoxo

kris
p.s. your most recent post on my blog made me DIE with laughter. Guess what? Good news. :-)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home